Welcome to the Haynes Thomas the Tank Engine Manual! See how Thomas works, how his Driver operates him and how Thomas is kept in tip-top condition. Meet some of Thomas’ friends and find out more about the Sodor Railway.
- Fabulous cutaway drawings of Thomas and his friends.
- Illustrated guides on ‘How a steam engine works’ and ‘Driving Thomas’.
- Fascinating facts about the other engines, trucks and carriages of Sodor.
- How railways work, including tracks, points and signals.
- Old and new engines: how engines have changed over the years.
- Really Useful Words: a glossary of train words.
Aimed at the 3–7 age group, the Thomas the Tank Engine Manual applies the Haynes treatment to one of the most popular children’s characters. Inspired by the world-famous Haynes Manuals, this book explains how Thomas works, how his driver operates him, and how the engineers of the Sodor railway keep him in tip-top condition. Full of fascinating cutaway drawings of Thomas and his friends, this brightly designed book will delight children and parents alike.
Chris Oxlade is an experienced author of information books for children, and he has written more than 150 titles for schools, libraries and the book trade. Much of his work has involved explaining technical subjects clearly for young readers.
Found via @alaric on Twitter.